- Watch a game of soccer-- Grist Mill Park has both turf and grass soccer fields that are clean and well-maintained. On Saturdays, it comes alive with 5 games of soccer all playing at once.
- Shoot some hoops- the park also has basketball courts where you can challenge your friend or family to a game or practice shooting some hoops.
- Let the kids loose on the playground-- there are tons of open room for kids to run and have fun and a playground located right in the middle, so kids can play within view while you watch from a nearby game.
- Attend a concert- on Friday during the summer, the park has free public concerts featuring a variety of musical performances reflecting Fairfax County’s diversity, culture and community spirit.
- Walk your dog -there are trails to walk your dog and a separate huge dog park just a short walk away where your furry friend can play and run around off-leash. The park also has some baby pools for the dogs to cool off in hot weather.
- Enjoy a picnic- when you get hungry from all the activities, there are picnic tables and benches where you can relax and grab a bite with your family.
Located at 4710 Mount Vernon Memorial Highway in Alexandria, Grist Mill Park provides over 75 acres of fun outdoor activities for people of all ages to enjoy. Below is a list of fun things you can do at Grist Mill Park.