Located at 4710 Mount Vernon Memorial Highway in Alexandria, Grist Mill Park provides over 75 acres of fun outdoor activities for people of all ages to enjoy. Below is a list of fun things you can do at Grist Mill Park.
- Watch a game of soccer– Grist Mill Park has both turf and grass soccer fields that are clean and well-maintained. On Saturdays, it comes alive with 5 games of soccer all playing at once.
- Shoot some hoops- the park also has basketball courts where you can challenge your friend or family to a game or practice shooting some hoops.
- Let the kids loose on the playground– there are tons of open room for kids to run and have fun and a playground located right in the middle, so kids can play within view while you watch from a nearby game.
- Attend a concert- on Friday during the summer, the park has free public concerts featuring a variety of musical performances reflecting Fairfax County’s diversity, culture and community spirit.
- Walk your dog -there are trails to walk your dog and a separate huge dog park just a short walk away where your furry friend can play and run around off-leash. The park also has some baby pools for the dogs to cool off in hot weather.
- Enjoy a picnic- when you get hungry from all the activities, there are picnic tables and benches where you can relax and grab a bite with your family.